We are looking for a Food and Beverage Manager/FOH Manager to lead all aspects of our restaurant, Heuga’s Alpine at Song Mountain. A self-motivated individual to deliver a high-quality standard, ensure that our staff provides excellent customer service, and an efficient restaurant operation, as well as maintaining high production, productivity, quality, and valued customer-service standards. To be successful in this role, you will need management skills and experience in both the front and back of the house. Ultimately, you will lead by example, ensure our restaurant runs smoothly and make sure that customers have a pleasant dining experience.Responsibilities:
- Manage the staffing, training, and day-to-day activities of Heuga’s, and the Thunderbird. Ensure that staff is scheduled based on forecasted business. Responsible for evaluating the performance of all staff members and reporting to Operations Manager.
- Ensure that F&B employees are always, attentive, friendly, helpful, and courteous to guests, all other employees, and managers.
- Assist the Head Chefs in monitoring the presentation of food products and review any areas of concern raised by guests or staff. Ensure that Heuga’s, and the Thunderbird spaces are always clean and ready for guests. Ensure that the quality and presentation of all food products are of the highest standards.
- Coordinate staff meetings with Operations Manager, and lead staff (kitchen) to ensure everyone is apprised of all events, changes, and positive feedback.
- Responsible for the selection, training, and development of the personnel within the department, planning, assigning, and directing work, appraising performance, rewarding, and disciplining employees; safety, addressing complaints, and resolving problems.
- Continual training and recruiting of staff for the Heuga’s and the Thunderbird. Require TIPS training for all necessary bar staff.
- Oversee departmental matters as they relate to federal, state, and local employment and civil rights laws. i.e., Labor Laws
- Implement and manage all compliance programs to ensure compliance with the SOPs including safety and sanitary regulation, all federal, state, and local & brand if applicable regulations to ensure optimal levels of quality service and hospitality are provided to the guest.
- Market the Food and Beverage at Heuga’s with our Social Media expert daily/weekly.
- Monitor and follow up on all Food and Beverage cash overages and shortages with accounting.
- Monitor the liquor inventory weekly. Input the inventory for the liquor/food weekly at Heuga’s. Communicate weekly with the bartenders and place orders weekly with vendors for Heuga’s liquor.
- Review F&B staff’s weekly payroll and submit it in a timely manner.
- Prepare employee shift schedules according to the business forecast, payroll budget guidelines, and productivity requirements. Attend staff meetings for SkiCNY.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- At least 2-3 years of related experience in the Food and Beverage industry
- Experience with Windows/Microsoft Office and POS systems for F&B.
- Knowledge of federal, state, and local laws governing equal employment opportunity and civil rights, occupational safety and health, wage and hour issues, and labor relations, including, but not limited to the following statutes and their state and local analogs (where applicable): Title VII, ADEA, Equal Pay Act, Pregnancy Discrimination Act, FLSA, ADA, OSHA, FMLA, and NLRA is helpful.
- Must have a flexible schedule and be willing to work weekdays, weeknights, weekends, and holidays.
- TIPS certification is “A plus”!
- CPR and/or First Aid certification is preferred.
Employee and dependent Season Pass to SkiCNY. Flexible schedule, discounts on food, beverage, and mountain activities. Extended training and development.
Benefits and Salary: Commensurate with experience